in the village of La Magdalena near Cartagena, Murcia, Spain 30397
This mosaic making holiday offers a calming creative retreat from the stresses of the outside world, a beautiful location, great food and a chance to not only create a unique piece of art to take home, but also the skills to be able to start a satisfying new hobby that will stay with you long after your holiday is over.
Your tutor Dan is a talented artist who has extensive mosaics making experience and has been teaching for over 10 years. This fun course will provide the environment, materials and guidance so that you can produce your own unique mosaic artwork.
During the course you will learn the basis of cutting and shaping glass and mosaic tiles. On the course you will be able to complete a mosaic mounted on board for you to take back home to enjoy and impress your friends.
The beautiful and secluded retreat where your accommodation and courses are set is surrounded by almond, lemon and orange trees, sweet scented jasmine and bougainvillea. The gardens are an ideal place to relax in the shade or to take a soothing swim in the private pool and if you like the feel of the sand between your toes you are also just 20 minutes from the fantastic coastal beaches of Murcia.
This is the perfect place to get creative on a mosaic holiday with a difference.
PLEASE EMAIL TO BOOK YOUR PLACE - ONLY 6 PLACES PER HOLIDAY!
Summer Months (March – October)
695 pounds per week per person including transfers, meals and accommodation
Non participating partner – 450 pounds per week for meals and accommodation
For less than a week is Pro Rata Cost, for example 4 nights is 525 pounds per person
Extra Nights with Meals and a mornings activity are available on Request for 95pounds per person
- Return Transfer from Murcia International Airport or Murcia city to get the coach for Alicante Airport
- accommodation in beautiful en-suite single or twin/double room
- Welcome refreshments and settling in
- Daily & Delicious healthy breakfast brunch
- Tasty vegetarian evening meals with refreshments.
- 4 days of 3- 4 hours mosaics
- Optional classes, activities, massages and therapies
- Viv & Dan helping to organise your stay
- Unlimited herbal teas, coffee and water throughout
- Plenty of time to relax at the beach or pool with a good book
Winter months (November – February)
please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred 2019/2020 dates
Non Residential Courses
You are welcome to join us on any of the above dates as a non residential guest. You would need at least 2 days to complete a small mosaic but you are welcome to attend as many days as you wish, the more days the bigger the project!. The cost of this is 45 euros per day including lunches. Email us for availability.
The house location is just twenty five minutes from the nearest airport, Murcia, San Javier. Tara Casa is an easy venue to visit, being just 2.5 hours from the UK, then only a short distance from the airport.
You could also fly to Alicante Airport which is just over an hour away.
We offer discounted transfers to and from airports, Cartagena, local beaches, etc. otherwise it is advisable to hire a car.
- Suitable for all ages and levels from complete beginners to those with experience of mosaic making and who wish to take their skills to the next level
- Minimum age 16 (under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over)
- These courses make great singles and we have single rooms available at an extra supplement of 90pounds or its sharing a twin room with another single traveller.
Accommodation And Meals
- You’ll spend 4 nights/5 days in a tranquil country house quietly tucked away within bougainvillea shrouded gardens backing onto the pool area
- Inside the house there is a guest living/dining room
- Mosaics lessons take place on-site
- There is a swimming pool
- All meals (based on a vegetarian diet though vegans can be catered for) and soft drinks are included throughout your stay
- WiFi is available throughout the house and gardens
- Your hosts have dogs who are only outside providing the guests do not mind
- In order to check availability for a certain room, please email email@example.com for more details
Your Mosaic Project
- The course will teach you to create your own mosaic which will fit a board approximately 25 by 35cm
- It is advisable to have a design in mind but there is no pressure to decide on your mosaic project in advance
- If you would like to discuss possibilities and designs beforehand Dan is always happy to do so; if you’d like a chat before your course starts, Dan’s contact details will be given to you after booking
- Typically, everyone has time to finish their creation during the course but if you prefer to take your time and if the piece is not finished, you can take this away with you along with the materials you need to finish your piece back home (tile cutters must be purchased separately)
What To Bring / Wear
- All materials for the project are included
Get creative on a mosaic holiday at this tranquil retreat. Take a break from everyday life to indulge the creative within for a fun holiday that will teach you skills that will stay with you long after the holiday is over.